We are always on the lookout for local (South African) and international talent in the following areas:
- Python, Django
- QGIS and other geospatial software
- Mobile (iOS, Android, cross-platform)
- UI / UX / design
- Strong spatial or statistical or analytical or scientific computing or data science skills.
- Demonstrable coding experience!
- Highly computer literate and versatile with scripting / programming experience. Preferably with some computer science or electronic engineering background.
- Vertical market domain expertise, for example:
- DRR (disaster risk reduction) and related
- local government
- or Horizontal domain expertise:
- design and cartography
- spatial database design and administration
- image processing / remote sensing
- GIS system and workflow implementation and management
The ability to hit the ground running with QGIS, PostGIS, Geoserver, GDAL/OGR and other FOSS GIS tools will count in your favour.
System administration and devops
- Linux administration
- profiling, performance, optimisation
- architecture, scaling
We will also post specific job offers from time to time.
If you are interested in working for Kartoza in any of these areas please send the following to email@example.com. If any of these are missing we will NOT consider your application:
- salary expectation
- your current location and an indication of your willingness to move if necessary.
- a portfolio of your work containing the following:
- samples of your own code
- a portfolio of your own work (documents, maps, screenshots, videos or other media or links to media)
- Optional (more than two of these)
- links to your github or equivalent account
- links to your social presence (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- links to publications authored or co-authored by you
- links to live websites or other online evidence of your work