We at Kartoza are Open Source geeks, specializing in software development and GIS. We’re expanding rapidly and looking to add a junior developer to our team that is passionate about problem solving and technologies. You will be part of an exciting web application development team.
We need a lateral thinker and keen all rounder who is happy to work on their own and manage his or her own time. In this role you will have the freedom to arrange your hours flexibly and you work from the location of your choice. You will need to be driven enough to meet deadlines outside of a formal office space and structure.
Even though we're geographically dispersed, we are a close team, we use tools like Skype and gitter.im to keep in touch and collaborate on a daily basis. We like to work hard, but also believe in maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
This role is for an initial 3-month trial (full time) which will be converted to a long term position at the end of the probation period depending on your circumstance. We will help you to upskill, but we expect that you have a decent understanding of the technologies listed below.
As is the case for any software developer we will expect that can keep yourself abreast of the latest trends in our preferred software stack and have a keen willingness to continuous learning.
You will be on several projects at the same time, but each of these will be built on variations of the same stack.
Core technologies we use - (It would be beneficial if you had background in the following) :
- Linux web hosting environment
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
- Experience with GIS
- Good grades in your degree
- Database design
- Back-end development
- Pixel perfect front-end development
- Cross browser testing
- Regular updates and feedback
- Experience max 2 years
- Fresh Graduate are welcome to apply
- Proficiency in the MVC coding paradigm
- Organised and efficient
- Your own computer which will allow you to perform your duties
- A fast and reliable internet connection
- A good command of English, both written and spoken
- A good communicator
- Positive, “can-do” attitude
- Passion to build something awesome
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about creating innovative, interactive solutions
- Finger on the pulse of the latest trends online
- Working remotely, with flexible hours
- Working on an agile business which means decisions are made fast
- Small team so your voice will be valuable and everything you do will have an impact
- Remote with preference to Bandung or Surabaya
- Rp 8.000.000 to Rp 10.000.000
We welcome you to apply by sending your CV to apply at firstname.lastname@example.org Share on Twitter Share on Facebook