Kartoza is on the lookout for developers. We have a range of projects and challenges and will tailor the post to suit the ideal candidate.
Kartoza does desktop, server and web development, testing and support for a local and international clientèle and we're also working on our own ideas. Most of our projects have a spatial component. We use FOSS tools and produce mostly FOSS outputs. We have a very 'open' philosophy.
You will be organised, driven, productive, enjoy working in a changeable, informal environment and enjoy learning. Terms like agile, scrum, sprints, git, kanban will appeal to you.
As this is a small company, you will be required to take on multiple projects and manage your time. You will work from our office in Paarl with the possibility of telecommuting. We have an international team with a fairly flat structure where your opinion counts. Your initiative and input into internal projects will be rewarded.
You should find your time at Kartoza enjoyable, rewarding and fulfilling, with a positive work-life balance. The equipment we provide won't slow you down and we have progressive terms of service.
- Django / GeoDjango
- GIS (especially with the FOSS GIS stack)
- QGIS Python API and plugin development
- Spatial databases, especially PostgreSQL / PostGIS
- CSS3 / HTML5
- Server skills, including working with containers
- mobile application development
- UX design
- OGC standards
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org before 20 February 2015
- your CV including your complete study and work history, 2 references, SA residence status
- examples of your OWN coding work, e.g. github, websites, apps, QGIS plugins, working code, etc.
- your salary expectation
- when you are available to start