We are always on the lookout for local (South African) and international talent in the following areas:
- Python, Flask, Django
- QGIS and other geospatial software (C++, Qt, C, Java)
- Mobile (iOS, Android, cross-platform)
- UI / UX / design
- Strong spatial or statistical or analytical or scientific computing or data science skills.
- Highly computer literate and versatile with scripting / programming experience. Preferably with some computer science or electronic engineering background.
- Demonstrable coding experience!
- Vertical market domain expertise, for example:
- DRR (disaster risk reduction) and related
- local government
- Horizontal domain expertise:
- design and cartography
- spatial database design and administration
- image processing / remote sensing
- GIS system and workflow implementation and management
The ability to hit the ground running with QGIS, PostGIS, GeoServer, GDAL/OGR and other FOSS GIS tools will count in your favour.
System administration and devops
- Linux administration
- profiling, performance, optimisation
- architecture, scaling
If you are interested in working for Kartoza in any of these areas please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. If any of these items are missing we will NOT consider your application:
- salary expectation
- your current location and an indication of your willingness to move if necessary
- a portfolio of your work containing the following:
- samples of your own code OR
- a portfolio of your own work (documents, maps, screenshots, videos or other media or links to media)
- Optional (more than two of these)
- links to your GitHub or equivalent account
- links to your social presence (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- links to publications authored or co-authored by you
- links to live websites or other online evidence of your work
Current positions open
We post specific job offers here from time to time.
- ***Closing 10 July 2020***: Devops Specialist and Systems Administrator