Current Positions Open
We are hiring!
We are also always on the lookout for local (South African) and international talent in the following areas
- Python, Flask, Django
- QGIS and other geospatial software (C++, Qt, C, Java)
- Mobile (iOS, Android, cross-platform)
- UI / UX / design
- Strong spatial or statistical or analytical or scientific computing or data science skills.
- Highly computer literate and versatile with scripting/programming experience. Preferably with some computer science or electronic engineering background.
- Demonstrable coding experience!
- Vertical market domain expertise, for example:
- DRR (disaster risk reduction) and related
- local government
- Horizontal domain expertise:
- design and cartography
- spatial database design and administration
- image-processing / remote sensing
- GIS system and workflow implementation and management
The ability to hit the ground running with QGIS, PostGIS, GeoServer, GDAL/OGR and other FOSS GIS tools will count in your favour.
Location (for all posts)
Geographic location is open globally, within limits. We need minimum time overlaps with most of our team. You need a distraction-free work environment with reliable, redundant power and reliable, redundant, high bandwidth internet.
Attractions (for all posts)
- We are a remote-first company. We work remotely, with flexible hours.
- We are an agile business which means decisions are usually made quickly.
- We are a small team so your voice will be valuable and everything you do
will have an impact on your peers and clients.
- The Open Source software development culture allows you to build your
own credentials globally.
Conditions (for all posts)
- A fast and reliable internet connection
- A good command of English, both written and spoken
- A good communicator
- A noise free environment for online meetings
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- Self-organised and efficient
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Finger on the pulse of the latest trends online
- Working with multiple projects and teams
- Communication with clients, team members and management
How to Apply (for all posts)
If you are interested in working for Kartoza in any of these areas please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. If any of these items are missing we will NOT consider your application:
- salary expectation
- your current location and an indication of your willingness to move if necessary
- a portfolio of your work containing the following:
- samples of your own code OR
- a portfolio of your own work (documents, maps, screenshots, videos or other media or links to media)
- Optional (more than two of these)
- links to your GitHub or equivalent account
- links to your social presence (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- links to publications authored or co-authored by you
- links to live websites or other online evidence of your work